Friday, September 1, 2017

Reality based fiction for Young Adults... welcome to the novels of Wilson James, author

Welcome to my writing – the reality based Young Adult fiction of Wilson James

Improbable. Unlikely. But not impossible. That’s what I write. Stories such as Sons and Brothers in Seattle, the tale of an older teen trying to provide a better life for a younger sibling and his own young children. A reader told me that this story truly mirrors much of his own life. I am awestruck to hear that, and amazed by the courage of the young man who actually lived the story.

All of my stories tell of young courage, and tenacity, and support of friends and family, and love. My books are meant to be an expression of what can be, even if it often is not.

I take my inspiration from the lives and deeds of real young people. Some I’ve known personally, or have watched from a close distance, and some I simply know of. The thread that binds them all together is they’ve shown that they can achieve the unlikely in spite of the challenges they face. In spite of the resistance of many adults around them. In spite of the naysayers who doubt. 

These young people have identified a dream or at least a goal, and have worked to make it happen.

So I take my lead from all of them. I use their example to create stories, with the hope that others will read, and find some part of the story that can help them in their own lives. I hope to empower young people with the examples in my stories. I know that some readers have found inspiration in the stories I write, and I take great comfort in that.

I set out to honor those whose lives were examples to me and my writing, and I hope that I will have done them justice. I also hope to honor my readers with the best stories I can create. Thank you for reading.

Wil

____________ 

And, here's how to find my books...



Smashwords - seven of my eBooks are available here, in multiple formats including for Kindle, Nook


Barnes and Noble – seven of my eBooks are available here, for the Nook


Apple US iTunes Bookstore – seven of my eBooks are available here, for the iPad
Apple UK iTunes Bookstore – seven of my eBooks are available here, for the iPad


Kobo – six of my eBooks are available here, in ePub format



 Amazon – some of my print books are now available, with selected eBooks to be available at a future date

2 comments:

  1. I was reading your comments regarding one of my favourite authors Douglas Reeman and totally agree with you regarding his character Bolitho. So I thought I would like to see what your writing is like but I don't do E-books, I feel they lack a soul there's something magical about holding and physically turning the pages to see the next part of the story (it mY sound daft but to just scroll through the pages gives me no joy). With this inimd I would like to know is the titles of any real books youvyo had published so I can look out for them next time I go hunting for books?
    Many thanks
    Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your note, Les.
      Given the option, I also have a preference for print books. However, with my extensive traveling, I have come to appreciate the ability to take hundreds of books in my devices.
      As for your interest in my books, I thank you most sincerely. Three of my titles are available in print from Amazon - "Playing the Baseball Card", "Aiden's Arrival: Honor Before Gold", and "Sons and Brothers in Seattle." You can find them by clicking the Amazon logo, above.
      Happy Reading,
      Wil.

      Delete